1 lb Spicy venison sausage
2 ts Onion salt
2 ts Garlic salt
1 cn 16 oz. whole tomatoes
1 cn 15 oz. tomato sauce
3 tb Dried parsley flakes
1 ts Sugar
1 ts Basil leaves
2 ts Salt
1 cn 8 oz. mushroom pieces
6 Uncooked lasagna noodles
1 pk 16 oz. pkg ricotta cheese
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 ts Oregano leaves
2 c Chredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook and stir sausage, onion and garlic salt in 10-inch skillet until sausage is light brown.
- Drain. Add tomatoes (with liquid), tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons parsley, sugar, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and mushrooms.
- Heat to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered until mixture is consistency of thick spaghetti sauce, about 1 hour.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and oregano.
- Layer 1/2 each of the noodles, remaining sauce mixture, mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese mixture in ungreased oblong pan, 10X6X2 inches.
- Repeat above process until you have 2 layers. Spoon reserve sauce on top, top with mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cook uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.