Venison Stew with Garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds venison for stewing, cut into 1 & 1/2 inch cubes
1 onion, chopped
1 whole head of garlic, separated and peeled
1 teaspoon flour
1 cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 bay leaf
3 juniper berries
1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Heat the oil in a heavy casserole.
- Brown the meat well on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Continue cooking until the onion starts to melt.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the wine, cloves, slat, pepper, parsley, juniper berries, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Cover and simmer 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
- Serve with boiled or roasted potatoes.