Venison Sausage Stuffed French Toast
8 oz package venison sausage patties
1-8oz loaf Italian bread (approx 16 inches long)
¼ pound sliced Muenster cheese
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup maple syrup
½ cup pecans
¼ stick of butter
- Prepare the sausage per directions on label.
- While sausages are cooking slice the bread on the diagonal into 8 slices approx 1 ½ inch thick.
- Cut a pocket in each slice from top-crust-side almost, but not all the way to the bottom.
- Place Muenster cheese and sausage patties in pockets, cutting cheese and sausages to fit. Press together.
- In a baking dish, beat the eggs, sugar and milk together.
- Place filled bread slices in the egg mixture, turning occasionally to coat both sides.
- In a skillet over medium heat, put 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the sandwiches about 10 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Place stuffed sandwiches on large platter.
- Add maple syrup, butter and pecans in a saucepan and cook on medium heat until warmed through.
- Serve the Buttered Pecan Maple Syrup over sandwiches.