Potato Venison Stew
2 Tbs. cooking oil
2 lbs. venison stew meat
3 large onions, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 Tbs. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 cups water
7 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cold water
Bottled browning sauce, optional
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Brown meat.
- Add onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Mix flour and water; stir into stew.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add browning sauce if desired. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 8-10 servings