1 pound bacon
2 pounds cubed deer meat
2 medium turnips -- cut up
1 large can Veg-All
1 can tomato sauce - (16 oz)
1 onion -- diced
Salt -- to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste
- Fry the bacon first and then use drippings to brown floured deer meat (or beef).
- Put browned meat in a slow cooker and pour in the liquid from the Veg-All.
- Add the tomato sauce, the diced onion and cut up turnips. (Add water as needed to obtain desired consistency.)
- Cook in crock pot 3 to 4 hours on HIGH (all day on LOW) or until meat is very tender.
- Add Veg-All vegetables and bacon and cook an additional 15 minutes.