1 kg (to 1 ½ kg) lean deer meat
1 large Onion chopped
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
3 tsp Mild curry powder (Sherwood)
6 oz Can tomatoe paste
2 Bay leaves
1/4 tsp Cloves (powder)
2 cup Beefstock *
4 Diced carrots
1/2 cup Raisins OR
1 cup Grapes
1 Diced apple
1 tsp Lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut meat into 2 to 3 centimeter cubes.
- Lightly brown meat, onion and garlic in large, oiled skillet.
- Add curry powder and tomato paste.
- Mix well.
- Add beef stock and mix in rest of ingredients.
- Simmer for 1 ½ hrs, covered.
- Be sure to trim off all the fat and sincew.
- To keep calories down, use a light vegetable oil for browning the meat.
- Beefstock can be made with one cube or package bouillon