Great tips for creating your own stuffing recipes
Stuffings are not only for just making a roasted fowl; they can be also baked in or with many other foods too. Turkeys provide a great way to cook the stuffing because not only do you get to cook up a turkey but it also provides flavoring for your stuffing that is inside.
The sky is the limit when it comes to stuffing recipes. You can create any type of stuffing that you want. The main ingredient to most stuffings is bread or croutons. Some people also like cornbread, grains, rice, fruits or vegetables.
If you want to create your own recipe from scratch here are some great tips:
- Use dense bread instead of soft gooey white bread.
- Keep the crust on
- Cut the bread into about half inch cubes
- Air dry the bread overnight.
- Make sure any added vegetables or fruits are cut nearly proportional to the bread cubes.
- Add sufficient liquid to keep the dressing moist, however donít add too much.