Portuguese Vermicelli Recipe
8 cups of milk ( 1/2 gallon)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 ( 12oz) Pkg. of fine egg noodles
- Pour milk into a large pan.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 of the sugar and the salt to the milk.
- Beat the eggs then add the rest of the sugar and all the vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Slowly blend some heated milk into the eggs to make them thin enough to pour easily.
- Break the noodles up and add them to the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- Slowly add egg mixture into the cooked noodles mixture.
- Pour onto platters to cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.