Marinated Pork Medallions
3 or 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tsp. salt, coarse
1 tsp. hot pepper paste
3 tsp. paprika
2 cups of white wine
12 medallions of pork loin, cut evenly about a 1/4 inch.
Olive oil ( to fry in)
2 or 3 large onions
- Do this the day before:
- Mash the garlic and salt to form a paste.
- Add the hot pepper paste and 1 tsp. of paprika.
- Coat the medallions with this paste and put them in a shallow dish.
- Pour the wine over all, make sure they all are covered.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Now to cook them:
- Take the medallions out of the dish, save the marinade.
- Heat 1/2 cup of olive oil over med-high heat
- Add the onions sautéing until brown
- Add the rest of the paprika and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Cover and keep this warm
- In a large skillet pour in enough olive oil to 1/2 of the bottom.
- Heat to very hot but not smoking.
- Brown the medallions a few at a time without crowding.
- Fry about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve in crusty rolls with the onions.