Lisbon Steak Recipe
4 tenderloin steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
1 pint container of heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of brandy
1-8 oz. can of mushrooms
salt to taste
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a 12 inch skillet.
- Fry the steaks turning them over after 2 minutes or so.
You do not want to over cook them at this point. They will finish cooking later.
- Add the cream and mushrooms to the steaks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the brandy and pepper and simmer over low heat.
- Simmer steaks for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Served with mashed potatoes or fries.