Caldo Verde (Green Soup)
6 cups of water
3 cups of kale chopped or shredded
3 or 4 med. size potatoes, peeled and halved
1 tbsp. of salt
2 tbsp. of olive oil
- In a pan deep enough add water, olive oil, salt and potatoes.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender.
- When the potatoes are cooked mash them.
- Once this is done add them back to the pan.
- Stir in and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale and boil uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with a thin slices of linguica or chourice.
- Slices of corn bread go well with this.