Sopa de funcho (Anise soup)
Neck Bones (Salt the day before) Or meat of your choice such as Beef.
2 Sausage links of Chourico
White navy beans or Green split peas. About ½ to full bag (1 lb)
Anise green or grass like called Fennell.
1 Head of cabbage chopped up in small strips.
- Soak neck bones in salt the day before, then rinse well.
- If using beef do not soak it in salt over night.
- Then cook meats and split peas together for about an hour or when meat is done.
- When meat is tender put in the Funcho chopped up very small and dices potatoes and cook for about another hour.
- We prefer the beef and the green split peas.