Portuguese Fava Beans
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 or 3 large onions
2 or 3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of red pepper flake
1/4 cup of tomato sauce
2 cups hot water
3 or so tablespoons of parsley fresh or dried
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 teaspoons of paprika
2 cans of fava beans ( large cans, I think there is only one size)
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until brown.
- Stir in all the rest except the fava beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Carefully incorporate the fava beans.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit there to let the flavors blend.