Portuguese Baked Beans Recipe
1 pkg.small white navy beans
1 lb. chourico
red wine vinegar
1 onion chopped
1 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- Soak beans overnight.
- cut chourico in small chunks and marinate in wine overnight.
- In the morning, rinse the beans and put them in a pan big enough to cover them, add the onion, and chourico, cover them with water.
- Bake at 350% for 3-4 hours or until they are cooked.
- Remove them and add tomato sauce or if you prefer, add ketchup until it is to your desire look & taste.
- Put them back in the oven until all the liquid is absorbed, about 45 min.
- Check on them. You can also do this in a crock pot, them put them in the oven to brown.