Pflaumenkuchen Plum Pie
4 cup flour
3 sticks butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
4 egg yolks (save whites)
1 tsp vanilla
3 lb little purple plums (quartered)
1 cup apricot or peach jam
- Make a dough from flour, butter, sugar, salt, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- Press the dough into cookie sheet with your fingers, forming a rim.
- Spread thin layer of peach or apricot jam on top of dough.
- Now put the plums in rows on the dough.
- Beat egg whites slightly and brush over plums, sprinkle two tablespoons of flour over egg whites.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- If too sour, shake some powdered sugar on top.
- This can also be made in the winter substituting apples for the plums.